photo SEPARATOR_zps16bb71c8.jpg  photo SEPARATOR_zps16bb71c8.jpg  photo SEPARATOR_zps16bb71c8.jpg

Friday, August 16, 2013

Hungover?? The Party Girl will help!! (Guest Post)


Hey guys!! Unfortunately, this cruise ship is heading back to Miami. We have a "Fun Day at Sea" today so that means sun and dranks!! We'll pull in early tomorrow morning and Mike and I will start our 18 hour drive back to reality. BOOO!! But, I can't wait to tell you all about it! 
I hope all you guys that tried the recipes from our link up yesterday are feeling okay today. If not, Erin, who blogs over at The Party Girl's Guide, has a few great hangover tips for you!! I'm glad I got to read this before I left because I've been using these things all week to get me through the day!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys, I am Erin from the little slice of the interweb known as The Party Girl's Guide. I am so very excited to be guest posting for Kristin today because she is actually my long lost soul mate.

We both live in Maryland and love to get real drunk. I mean what more could you ask for in a best friend.

We are going to go on a double date one of these days and our manfriends will think it is super weird, but they will get along great because we will make them.

I don't know exactly what will go down when we eventually meet and become real life best frands, but I do know it will involve copious amounts of alcohol and probably a severe hangover the next day.

With that in mind, and because Kristin is constantly posting dangerously strong drinks on here, I figured I would share with you some of my tried and true hangover cures.

1.) Showers. There is nothing better than a shower when you are on the struggle bus. I sometimes take up to five showers on a real rough Saturday. If you are too lazy or shaky to stand just take a bath, they are pretty delightful too. And don't forget you always have the option of the shower beer...there are worse ideas out there.

2.) If you have to work, the gas station is your friend. There is something about gas station food that always cures my blues. My go to is Gardettos snack mix and Diet Coke. I obviously do not eat the pretzels. (does anyone eat the pretzels?)



3.) Taking a walk, or any other form of exercise. I used to be real active back in my younger days and would go to the gym and sweat out my hangover. That Erin is long gone however and now the best you can expect from a hungover me is a walk. It really does help though. The fresh air does a body good.

4.) Swimming. Ever notice that you do not get hungover during a tropical/beach vacation? The sun and the water keep that hangover at bay! This may be related to why the shower is so helpful, I'm not a scientist so I don't know. I just know that laying out in the sun and swimming makes me feel like a million corona's.

5.) The movie Blue Crush. I pretty much watch this movie anytime I am severely hungover. It won't make you feel any better, it is just a thing I do. If you can't watch Blue Crush, reality TV will do.

6.) If you are not on the way to work and/or just don't like gas station food here are some other good options: pizza, Chinese food, and turkey sandwiches. It is not uncommon for me to devour all of these things when I have the wine flu.

7.) The best option is always a bloody mary. You will feel better after about two sips. Swear to baby Jesus.

5 comments :

  1. Gardettos and the Bloody Mary are so true!!!! I buy the biggest bag of that snack mix and go to town!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, love you drunk girls. My go to is the shower bath, where I lay down and let the shower hit me in the face because I am too drunk to stand up. As weird as it sounds, I think it keeps you hydrated and it distracts me from my pounding head. As soon as I am capable of keeping anything down, a frosty followed by a grease bomb bacon cheeseburger from Wendy's will do the trick.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that is not weird at all. i really enjoy the lay down shower.

      Delete
  3. Haha two of my fav bloggers on one post..can't get much better lol the whole bloddy mary this is soooo true!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this post lol
    I just found your blog!!
    I am so excited!
    I am now following!
    I am looking forward to keeping up!!!

    xo
    Christina
    Pieceitalltogetherx3.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete