photo SEPARATOR_zps16bb71c8.jpg  photo SEPARATOR_zps16bb71c8.jpg  photo SEPARATOR_zps16bb71c8.jpg

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Fresh Homemade Salsa

This is the first time I have actually remembered in advance to do Taste of Tuesday!!! Yay for me!!

Today I'm bringing you one of my favorite things to have on hand. You can use this as a regular salsa with chips or use it to put in pretty much any dish. I've put in on my cheeseburgers, in my chicken wraps, even in chicken salad. It's sooooo gooooooddd!!

Fresh Homemade Salsa

INGREDIENTS:
1/2 small red onion, diced
1/2 small white or yellow onion, diced
1garlic clove, chopped
1 lime, zest and juice
1 tsp olive oil (optional)
1/4 red pepper, diced
1/4 green pepper, diced
1/4 orange pepper, diced
1 jalapeno, diced
4 roma tomatoes, diced
1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
1 cup frozen corn
1 can black beans, drained

DIRECTIONS:
Dice the onion and garlic. Put it in a bowl with the juice and zest of the lime. Let site while you chop the rest of the ingredients and mix together. Serve immediately or refrigerate overnight.

YUM!!!

P.S. Go enter Lauren's giveaway!!


Linking up with Ashley and Jessica!!

8 comments :

  1. This looks so much better than plain old canned salsa. Love your blog design too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks incredible!!!

    Also- I nominated you for a liebster today!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shut the front door... I need this on a chip in front of my face right now! YUMM! The "chunkier" the salsa the better (in my opinion). So glad you linked up with us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks good. I will have to add some of what you did to my plain black bean and corn salsa. I like to put mine on a salad with grilled chicken and a chipotle dressing. YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks so fresh and so delicious

    http://www.fitnessblondie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sounds amazing,can't wait to make it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love homemade salsa! That and guacamole are my weakness.

    I've nominated your for the Liebster award - check out my post from today
    http://harrisheart-to-hearts.blogspot.com/2013/06/the-liebster-award.html
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. :)(: Yummy yum yum to my tummy tum tum

    ReplyDelete