photo SEPARATOR_zps16bb71c8.jpg  photo SEPARATOR_zps16bb71c8.jpg  photo SEPARATOR_zps16bb71c8.jpg

Friday, March 27, 2015

Friday Favorites!!

It's Friday!! And...yesterday it was like 68º outside and perfect. It was a little rainy at first but cleared up later in the day. Mike and I even got to sit on the porch and have a beer!! #porchdick #walkingdead

The day was awesome. It's only supposed to get up to like 50º today though. I can't wait until the warm days actually happen in a row and not so sporadically. Although, I guess I can't complain. At least it wasn't snowing.

Here are my Friday Faves!! I hope everyone has a fantastic weekend!!

favorite cocktail.



Pam at Grey is the New Black posted this for Thursty Thursday yesterday. Looks amazing!! And...it's only 2 ingredients!! Can't beat that!! I'm always looking for good drinks that aren't going to cost me my paycheck in order to make for a bunch of people. This is perfect!!

favorite recipe.



These Baked Southwestern Egg Rolls from Green Fashionista were posted on Tuesday's Recipe Swap this week. I think they look so good and super simple. I can't wait to try them out and see if they compare to the Buffalo Wild Wings version!!

favorite future diy project.



I just came across this on Pinterest, but it's an older post from Love Grows Wild. I have to admit that I'm a little nervous about this one. She says that it's fairly easy and it doesn't have to be perfect, but I'm a slight perfectionist. Hopefully I'll get to it this weekend and have a post ready for you in the near future!!

favorite book.


I just finished Leaving Time by Jodi Picoult and it was amazing. As usual the ending is completely not what you expected. Here is the synopsis from Amazon in case you're interested. If you have never read Jodi Picoult before, you need to. She is amazing.

For more than a decade, Jenna Metcalf has never stopped thinking about her mother, Alice, who mysteriously disappeared in the wake of a tragic accident. Refusing to believe she was abandoned, Jenna searches for her mother regularly online and pores over the pages of Alice’s old journals. A scientist who studied grief among elephants, Alice wrote mostly of her research among the animals she loved, yet Jenna hopes the entries will provide a clue to her mother’s whereabouts.
 
Desperate to find the truth, Jenna enlists two unlikely allies in her quest: Serenity Jones, a psychic who rose to fame finding missing persons, only to later doubt her gifts, and Virgil Stanhope, the jaded private detective who’d originally investigated Alice’s case along with the strange, possibly linked death of one of her colleagues. As the three work together to uncover what happened to Alice, they realize that in asking hard questions, they’ll have to face even harder answers.
 
As Jenna’s memories dovetail with the events in her mother’s journals, the story races to a mesmerizing finish. A deeply moving, gripping, and intelligent page-turner, Leaving Time is Jodi Picoult at the height of her powers.
favorite purchase.



This "hello" decor was on sale for $8 on Eleventh Avenue (the new Groopdealz) today. I couldn't pass it up. I love having little sayings like this around my house. And, they are perfect for gallery walls!! I have no idea where I'm putting it yet, but....at least I own it now. haha. Plus, they come unfinished so i can add some color to spruce up a wall!!

And doing my best to link up for: Oh Hey Friday || Friday Favorites || H54F || That Friday Blog Hop || 5 on Friday || Friday Favorites || Little Friday || 

10 comments :

  1. I love that piece of art and the idea that it's DIY is really cool. I'll have to try those egg rolls, they look amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Groopdealz and Jane...I probably buy something from each of them at least twice a week! Not good! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked Leaving Time a lot!

    I spend too much time on Zulily.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww thanks for the shout out and let me know how you like them! I enjoyed the leftovers the other night, and they were still just as delish :)

    Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can I have that cocktail right effing now please??? Sounds delish but I am buying my own coffee liquer lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow - I LOVE that DIY project! You definitely need to do a post once you try it out! Have a great weekend! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never read a Jodi Picoult book, and I read a lot. I'm going to remedy that this year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I saw that "hello" sign in my eleventh avenue email today! Thought it was super adorable. Love me some Jodi Picoult!! Hope you have a great weekend, love!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just came across your blog through Tiff's (Bright on a Budget) and Im so glad I did!! Love your outgoing attitude! Great Friday Faves - I am sooo going to have to try the Black Russian tonight! Thanks for sharing!

    Xo
    Lee | LegalLee Blonde

    ReplyDelete
  10. Recipe looks yummy! Im looking for a new book to read so I am going to have to check that book & author out! Stoping by from the link up! Hope you had a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete