photo SEPARATOR_zps16bb71c8.jpg  photo SEPARATOR_zps16bb71c8.jpg  photo SEPARATOR_zps16bb71c8.jpg

Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Saying goodbye is the hardest thing to do...

Last week I told you a little about what was happening with my kitty, Boost. Wednesday morning we realized he was acting a little funny and took him into the vet Thursday morning. We were told he had a clogged urethra, but they had gotten a catheter in and he was looking better already. The vet said we would get a call Friday morning when he got in and if things were looking good he might be able to come home early. We were so relieved that he was doing better, and when Mike got the call Friday he was hoping we could go pick him up. Unfortunately, that wasn't the call we received...

Apparently, another crystal had gotten stuck in the catheter and clogged Boost's urethra again. I don't know when they found it, or if it happened overnight, or what, but unfortunately, he didn't make it. Poor Mike had to take the call all on his own, and then call me here at school to tell me. And...since we already had quota for teacher's gone for that day, I had to stay and teach the rest of the day. It was the longest Friday of my life...

Truth be told, it was the longest weekend of my life. Needless to say, it wasn't the holiday weekend I had been expecting. Mike and I spent the better part of Friday night crying together. And Saturday, when we came home from our day out, Boost wasn't at the door to greet us. We both felt the emptiness and cried together again.

You see for some people animals are just animals. But to us, they are our family. Boost was my little buddy. He followed me around everywhere, greeted me when I walked in the door, kept me company while I was getting ready, and slept by my side every night. Not to mention he was the most beautiful cat I've ever seen in my life. 

The emptiness is overly present in our house. It's just not the same without him running around at our feet. 

I'm gonna miss my boy...

24 comments :

  1. So, so sorry to hear about poor Boost. Pets truly are family members, and their loss is so hard. I pray for peace and comfort for you and your husband.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry. :(. I was so hoping he'd be ok for you guys to pick up. I know sorry doesn't make you feel any better and it sucks. You guys are in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry :( I know how hard it is to lose a pet. They are definitely family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sad for your loss, my heart hurts. Goodbye little buddy, you will be missed so much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry for your loss! Kitties are a special kind of family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ohhh no. I am sooo soo sorry. they are you family, forever. hang in there. it is so hard to lose a pet, its so hard because you want so much better for them. my heart is so heavy and breaking for you and mike. hang in there. i am thinking of you and your family

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so sorry! I am totally tearing up at this too. Stay strong!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i am crying reading this. My to fur babies, are my kids. They get full treatment of if they were human.
    My Stormy will be 1 years old June 10th, and you better believe we are getting her a cake. My heart hurts for you and Mike, He will never be forgotten but i sure hope your pains eases and you can know hes in a better place having fun!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. omg honey, I'm so very sorry. I don't even know what to say. You need a mental break from work and time. They absolutely are a member of the family and it doesn't hurt any less when they leave us. Stay strong dear.

    ReplyDelete
  10. My heart breaks for you. I can only imagine the pain that you are going through. From the day that I got my baby (a Shih Tzu), I've always considered myself a mom, as I'm sure you feel with Boost. I pray that you will get through this struggle. I am silently praying right now for you. Better days are ahead. Trust God!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so so sorry to hear that. I am thinking about you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so so sorry. My dogs are like my kids. I dread this happening.

    Hang in there guys.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am soo sorry who lost poor Boost! They are out kids and share so much of our lives, they are wrapped in our memories. Big hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my gosh, I am so so so sorry - in fact I have tears in my eyes as I type this. I can't imagine thinking he was going to be perfectly fine and then find out he passed. I'm so sorry honey *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm so sorry for your loss. I am someone that feels my fur-babies are family and as I have lost some in the past I know how you feel. If you need anything girl I am here for you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm so very sorry for your loss.. I lost my cat when I was in high school and it was awful. She always cuddled up and slept next to me and I would fall asleep to her purring. I ended up developing insomnia because I felt like I couldn't sleep without her. She was my best friend. I know how you feel. I'm almost 30 and I still think of her :big hugs:

    Julie
    http://www.artworkbyjm.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am so sorry for your loss! I am sending prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sorry to hear about the loss of your buddy! He was a beautiful cat and im sure will be missed! Sending hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm so sorry Kristin, you and Mike were the best parents Boostie could have ever had. I'm sure y'all gave him the best life he could ever imagine and made him so happy. Sending lots of love & prayers to you both! Xo

    ReplyDelete
  20. so sorry for your loss. :( we have had our cat for 16 years, we got him right after we got married. We are dreading the day when he leaves us. They truly become part of our family.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. Our pets really are more than just pets, they are our family members. I'm sending lots of thoughts and prayers your way.

    ReplyDelete
  22. So sorry to hear this! <3 I can totally understand how our pets become more than just pets. Thoughts and hugs heading your way.

    ReplyDelete
  23. So sorry to hear this! <3 I can totally understand how our pets become more than just pets. Thoughts and hugs heading your way.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Remember all of the wonderful memories you have with that precious kitty and feel good knowing that you gave him a happy loving life. He will be waiting for you in Heaven one day I just know it! I like to think that my grandmother is taking good care of all my past animals up there, and I'm sure you have a responsible deceased relative who is doing the same for you!

    ReplyDelete