photo SEPARATOR_zps16bb71c8.jpg  photo SEPARATOR_zps16bb71c8.jpg  photo SEPARATOR_zps16bb71c8.jpg

Monday, May 05, 2014

I came, I saw, I recapped....late.

I've been missing for a few days?? Didja notice? Eh, no hard feelings. We had an incredibly busy week/weekend but it was lots and lots of fun and I can't leave you out of it. 

Thursday and Friday I was at a Technology Conference for teachers in Ocean City. I know, hard work, huh? I actually love conferences. And...it's not just for the free hotel room and reimbursement for food. I love learning new crap to do with my kids. And I got so much information this time!! Now...wish me luck because I'm going to talk to my principal and ask for a class set of iPads for my tech room. haha. Fingers crossed!! So, I dragged Mike along for this one because I really had a ton of down time and I mean, duh....again, free hotel room. It's kinda like a free vacation!!


Thursday after our first set of sessions, we headed to the 45th St. Taphouse and ordered some flights. We may be flight addicts. I mean what better way to get to try out new beers?? And, a lot of the places we live around are just starting to get into serving flights, too. Yay!! I think sometimes I take where we live for granted. It's so gorgeous here. I mean not many people have the opportunity to go sit at a bar right on the water whenever they feel like it. It's my favorite thing in the world!! Beers and beaches!

We may or may not have gotten a few beers each, and then a few crushes each after our 2 flights. And we may or may not have bought some vodka and took a few shots on our way to the boardwalk. Oh, and we may or may not have sat in the makeshift bar/conference room at our hotel and had a few $2 "rail" which was actually Grey Goose dranks before heading to our room. Yeah, I may or may not have been shwasted before we even got into the rest of the vodka. 


Oh!! And it was Springfest at the boardwalk so Mike even sucked it up and walked through the vendors with me. I was really proud of him. He hates crafts and craft show type stuff so I knew he would say no....but he surprised me!! And he even bought me an Orioles tank!! 

Friday when we got home there was a whole lot of this. Sleep!! This is Boost's favorite spot now. On my bottom pillow. But I think it's kinda cute and last night he looked just like a groundhog with his front legs tucked up under his chin. Too cute!!


Saturday we were back at the track for Streetcar Shootout. Mike did really awesome and I was super proud of him. He wasn't as pleased as he wanted to be but I think he did great. He runs Ultra Street which is actually a Pro class. His first run he went the 1/8 mile in 5.87 seconds. Second run was 5.84 seconds, and the last run he ran 5.80. So he progressed each run and, although he wanted to run 5.7's I think he did awesome!!


Sunday we got up and started some yard work. I cut the grass and Mike weed-eated around the house. We cleaned out the garage and then cleaned up the house a bit. And that coupled with the rest of our long weekend resulted in some good 'ole naptime...again.


I told you we love naps!!

How was your weekend? 

6 comments :

  1. I nominated you for the Liebster award! :) Congrats!!
    -Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and your napping! Ha! I cannot nap if my life depended on it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thursday night sounds fun! I love trying beer flights and just beer tasting in general. Looks like a great long weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We need to plan a couples vaca one day, could you imagine all the fun us 4 would have?!?!

    I love beer flights & naps... & taking pictures of Mike while he's sleeping too lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds like a crazy question, hahaha, but do you get hangovers? I feel like if I ever drank that much I would, well, die. HAHAHA. How do you handle the next morning so well?

    ReplyDelete