photo SEPARATOR_zps16bb71c8.jpg  photo SEPARATOR_zps16bb71c8.jpg  photo SEPARATOR_zps16bb71c8.jpg

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

*Updated* Please send prayers...


 It is with a very heavy heart that I must inform you, Lee lost his battle with life today. I am at a complete loss for words and can't express how my heart aches for Katie and his friends and family. Please keep them in your thoughts and prayers.
_________________________________________________________________________________



     There are some times in my life when I think life would be so much less stressful without technology. And then there are moment like last night and this weekend where, without it, I would never be able to immediately give support to the people I love most.

     Last night I read a Facebook post about one of my best friends needing prayers. All it took was a little bit of research on her page to discover that her boyfriend was in critical condition and on full life support. While he was working yesterday, he fell off a roof and was unresponsive. He was flown to Ruby Memorial in Morgantown, WV where he had to undergo 4 hours worth of surgery. They removed parts of his skull in order to allow for swelling in his brain.

     Katie is the other best friend from college. We lived together our junior year and are hilarious together. She and her boyfriend Lee are the cutest couple. Unfortunately, they live in West Virginia. I don't often get to see them, but Katie and I keep in touch over Facebook or text messages.

     While I have only met Lee once, I can tell that he is an amazing guy. Unfortunately, he has had a pretty rough year. A few months ago Lee's eye was punctured by a nail. Doctors weren't sure how it would affect his vision or whether or not he would go blind in that eye. Luckily, all was well and he recovered fully.

     Please keep Katie and Lee in your prayers as they go through this difficult time. All is in God's hands at the moment. Miracles do happen, every day. I pray there's one in the making today, as well.


UPDATE!! Lee is now breathing on his own. The rest is still the same. Keep praying!!

4 comments :

  1. :( I can't imagine what his girlfriend and family are going through.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Neither can I. I lost my dad was I was 19. It was the hardest thing I had to go through, but we were prepared for it to happen. Losing a loved one at such a young age and so quickly must be devastating.

      Delete
  2. I am so sorry to hear about your loss. Praying for you and your friends.

    I found you through the linkup and am a new follower.

    Madalyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. Luckily Katie has a very strong support system. Prayers are always welcome, however. And thanks for following, too. :)

      Delete