photo SEPARATOR_zps16bb71c8.jpg  photo SEPARATOR_zps16bb71c8.jpg  photo SEPARATOR_zps16bb71c8.jpg

Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Recipe: Skinny Chicken and Broccoli Casserole

     While Mike was gone last week I decided to try out this recipe. He's not big on casseroles, and truthfully neither am I, but this one wasn't bad. If you're similar to us and would rather have something a little less one note, I still wouldn't shy away from this. Just make another side, probably something crunchy would be best. But this casserole was really good so you should definitely try it.

     And, it's a Skinny Mom recipe, so it's actually not bad for you. A cup of this without the topping is only 305 calories. The original recipe called for saltines as the topping but I used a little something different to add some more flavor. And let me tell you...it was divine!! It is super cheesy and creamy. I have to say I used the large shredded cheese, so that might have something to do with how cheesy it was, but it was really good!!


Skinny Chicken and Broccoli Casserole
Ingredients:
• 1 lb chicken breast, diced
• 14 oz. frozen broccoli
•10.75 oz. can reduced fat cream of mushroom soup
• 2 tbsp light mayo
• 1/2 cup reduced fat shredded cheese
• 1/2 cup crumbled White Cheddar Cheez-Its
• salt and pepper

Preheat oven to 350º and prepare a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray. Spray a skillet with cooking spray and cook salt and peppered chicken over medium high heat until there is no pink in the center. In a large bowl mix soup, mayo, frozen broccoli, and shredded cheese. Add chicken to bowl and mix well. Pour mixture into baking dish and sprinkle with Cheez-Its. Bake for 30-35 minutes. Enjoy!

What's your favorite skinny recipe?

9 comments :

  1. This looks yummy!!! Stopping by from the linkup.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum!!! Love the idea for the Cheez it topping! Looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this looks awesome! my husband isn't a casserole fan either, going to have to try this out when he's out of town! great addition of the white cheez it's - soooo good! stopping by from tickle my tastebuds-excited to connect!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum, that looks so delicious!! Casseroles are totally one of my guilty pleasures - I love the idea of topping it with Cheez Its!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Doesn't Skinny Mom have such fun recipes? I love the Cheez-it topping!

    ReplyDelete
  6. God how I miss a good casserole!!! This looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. All the yes!! I wish this had a Pin It button so I could automatically save it!

    xx
    Allisonleighann.

    ReplyDelete
  8. YUM! I haven't made too many casseroles, but this looks delish. I especially love the cheezits

    ReplyDelete