photo SEPARATOR_zps16bb71c8.jpg  photo SEPARATOR_zps16bb71c8.jpg  photo SEPARATOR_zps16bb71c8.jpg

Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Recipe: The Perfect Turkey Burger

It took Mike and I a long time to try out turkey burgers. We actually started with a chicken burger and, I'll be honest, that was just plain nasty....so we were a little skeptical. But, thanks to Anne Burrell and a few other recipes, we were able to put together a concoction that turned out to be delicious!


The Perfect Turkey Burger 
Ingredients:
• 1 lb. ground turkey
• 1/4 large red onion
• 2 tbsp minced garlic
• 2 tbsp cilantro, chopped
• 1 tbsp sriracha
• 2 slices pepper jack cheese
• salt and pepper


Saute onions and garlic. Mix all ingredients together and form patties. Grill until just before desired firmness. Add cheese and cook just long enough to melt. Garnish with whatever you like. We like red onion, lettuce, and some raspberry chipotle mayo (raspberry chipotle sauce mixed with mayo and a quick shot of sriracha.

Enjoy!!

Linking up: Tuesday's Recipe Swap || Delicious Dish Tuesday || Tuesday's Table || Turn it up Tuesday || Tutorial Tuesday || Let's Be Friends Blog Hop || Tickle My Tastebuds Tuesday || Handmade Tuesday's || Two Cup Tuesday

12 comments :

  1. Replies
    1. So good. I don't know why your posts never come in my email. If I don't respond to one of them it's just because I didn't see it. :(

      Delete
  2. You had me at raspberry chipoltle sauce!! I'm a big fan of turkey burgers (definitely way better than chicken!) so can't wait to try this out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You seriously are making me drool with this! I haven't had a turkey burger in far too long and I know what's going to be on the menu next week!! xo, Biana - BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love me some turkey burgers! They are so versatile! I like to mix in chopped onion or even avocado to the patty itself. These look pretty dang good though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sold! I am making this. Anne Burrell is the bomb!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love turkey burgers these days instead of beef! So healthy and I love that you added sriracha and pepper jack for some added kick. I will try your recipe next time!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love burgers but need to chill out with what I am eating lately, so this is a perfect half cheat! That raspberry chipotle mayo?!?!?! I think I need it in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I totally prefer chicken burgers to turkey burgers. I'm probably the only one. I do my chicken or turkey burgers with spinach, goat cheese, red onion, and a crap ton of seasoning.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love burgers and this one may just be perfect! I love this. Found you over at Two Cup Tuesday. I'd love it if you would link this to my Tuesday recipe link party, Tickle My Tastebuds http://bit.ly/1MOHF17

    ReplyDelete
  10. We were nervous about turkey burgers too, and now we love them! This looks delish :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yum! These look delicious - you can never go wrong with cilantro and onion!

    ReplyDelete