photo SEPARATOR_zps16bb71c8.jpg  photo SEPARATOR_zps16bb71c8.jpg  photo SEPARATOR_zps16bb71c8.jpg

Thursday, April 23, 2015

#ThurstyThursday: Rum Punch

Cheers to Thursty Thursday!!

This week Mike and I have been searching for cruises. Last year we were supposed to go on our "last hurrah" cruise and it turned out horrible. We missed one port all together, arrived at another port 6 hours late and at night, and went through torrential downpours for the majority of the cruise. Hell of a "last hurrah", huh? So...I think we're going to try for "last hurrah" number 2.

The main problem is that I only have off for the 2 weeks before school. So, we're kind of at a limit for options. Luckily, all the options we have are good options! haha. So I can't complain.

With all this talk about cruising and blue waters it has me craving some Rum Punch. So, I thought I would quench that thirst with a new recipe for Thursty Thursday.

One of my favorite memories with rum punch involves a cruise I went on, just Mom, Dad, and I when I was in college. We took a catamaran out in St. Kitts and went snorkeling and sunbathing. It was so much fun. And...they served rum punch all day long. I was a little bummed on this trip because....well, let's face it, it was with my parents and.....I wasn't 21 yet. But, I guess since they were in the moment, I was allowed to partake in the libations!! 

This rum punch is a great replica of the rum punches in the islands. It's sweet, but not too sweet and nice and smooth.


Caribbean Rum Punch
• 2 cups orange juice
• 2 cups pineapple juice
• 1/4 cup grenadine
• 1/4 cup triple sec
• 1.5 to 2 cups rum
• 1 cup sprite

Mix well all ingredients except sprite in a large pitcher. Top off pitcher with sprite. Pour it up!! Cheers!!

 photo DRANKLINKUPPARTY_zps3360fc00.jpg

1. Follow Hopelessly Ever After via GFC or Bloglovin'.
2. Write about your favorite DRANK (alcoholic beverage).
3. Grab a button from below or my sidebar and put it in your post.
4. Come back here and link up!!!
5. Get some new recipes or drink ideas for the weekend and make a new friend!!
6. Send a tweet with #ThurstyThursday and include @leggs532 so I can see it!!

Anyone interested in co-hosting next week email me at: hopelesslyeverafter@gmail.com

 photo DRANKLINKUP_zpsb7023ac3.jpg


Hopelessly Ever After

Also linking up for: Wined Down Wednesday || Little Friday || Treat Yo' Self Thursday || Thoughts for Thursday  || Create It Thursday || Artsy Fartsy Link Party || Creative Ways Link Party || Lovely Little Link Party || Tipsy Tuesday's || Full Plate Thursday || Thursday Favorite Things || Friday's Unfolded || Tuesday's Recipe Swap || Delicious Dish Tuesday || Tuesday's Table || Turn it up Tuesday || Tutorial Tuesday || Let's Be Friends Blog Hop || Tickle My Tastebuds Tuesday || Handmade Tuesday's || Two Cup Tuesday ||

9 comments :

  1. I've always wanted to go on a cruise; they look like so much fun. And this cocktail sounds so tropical and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still have never been on a cruise, but I am thinking I really need to just go. Can't wait to try this rum punch out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never been much of a rum drinker, but some of the more tropical ones are growing on me. This one sounds good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing at Thursday Favorite Things. I hope you will join us again next Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Makes me want to be at the beach asap! Looks delish!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love rum punch, and it also reminds me of cruising. I remember you telling me about your last cruise experience, and I felt awful! Definitely time for a re-do! Can't wait to see where you guys decide to go :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks delicious and I must add it to my list of drinks for after my baby arrives. Thanks for sharing! I'm hoping over from the Let's Be Friends Blog Hop.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yum...these types of drinks are always a welcome addition with the nice weather. Now we just need the nice weather and I'll be enjoying this on our patio. Thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete