photo SEPARATOR_zps16bb71c8.jpg  photo SEPARATOR_zps16bb71c8.jpg  photo SEPARATOR_zps16bb71c8.jpg

Thursday, April 09, 2015

#ThurstyThursday: Emeril's Red Wine Sangria

I think I mentioned last week that Easter dinner was at my house this year. My mom just sold the house we grew up in and my brother just bought a new house so it was really up to me to host. I didn't mind and did it the easiest way possible. I made the turkey and asked everyone else to bring sides. It turned out great and we had so much delicious food.

I had wanted to make a Sangria recipe for the dinner, but knew I wouldn't have enough time to devote to actually putting the effort in, so, in good fashion.....I pawned it off on someone else. haha. I think my SIL was planning on making potatoes, but when I asked her to do the Sangria she didn't hesitate. It was sweet and delicious and perfect for Easter dinner. Not many people drank it since they all had plans afterwards, but that actually turned out to work out in my favor because I got all the leftovers.


Emeril's Red Wine Sangria
• 1 750ml bottle of red wine
• 1/4 cup Triple Sec
• 1/4 cup Brandy
• 2 tbsp. orange juice
• 2 tbsp. lime juice
• 1/4 cup sugar
• 1 750ml bottle of sparkling water (chilled)
• Apples, oranges, lemons, limes sliced thin for garnish

Combine all ingredients except sparkling water. Chill 1-2 hours. Before serving add sparkling water or add to individual glasses as desired.




 photo DRANKLINKUPPARTY_zps3360fc00.jpg

1. Follow Hopelessly Ever After via GFC or Bloglovin'.
2. Write about your favorite DRANK (alcoholic beverage).
3. Grab a button from below or from my sidebar and put it in your post.
4. Come back here and link up!!!
5. Get some new recipes or drink ideas for the weekend and make a new friend!!
6. Send a tweet with #ThurstyThursday and include @leggs532 so I can see it!!

Anyone interested in co-hosting next week email Kristin at: hopelesslyeverafter@gmail.com

 photo DRANKLINKUP_zpsb7023ac3.jpg


Hopelessly Ever After

Also linking up for: Little Friday || Treat Yo' Self Thursday || Thoughts for Thursday  || Create It Thursday || Artsy Fartsy Link Party || Creative Ways Link Party || Lovely Little Link Party || Tipsy Tuesday's || Full Plate Thursday || Thursday Favorite Things || Friday's Unfolded || Tuesday's Recipe Swap || Delicious Dish Tuesday || Tuesday's Table || Turn it up Tuesday || Tutorial Tuesday || Let's Be Friends Blog Hop || Tickle My Tastebuds Tuesday || Handmade Tuesday's || Two Cup Tuesday ||

12 comments :

  1. Would you believe I've never made a sangria!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope. Definitely would never have guessed that!! It's so simple!! All you do is pour. haha. I'll be making many more!

      Delete
  2. Sounds delicious! Homemade sangria is better than bottled and easy to prepare.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was really good. I finally finished the entire batch last night, but luckily all I need to make more is another bottle of wine. haha.

      Delete
  3. I purple sparkly heart love sangria and hate when people just pour sprite or fresca into wine and call it sangria. It is not. You need to add booze to make it sangria, duh! This looks like the perfect recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it, here you are super classy with your sangria and I'm all "put some OJ in your silver bullet" hahahaha. If I liked wine I'd be all about this though. It's definitely a pretty batch drink!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kristin, thanks for the invitation to join this link up. I am thrilled to find a blog party devoted to cocktails. Now I'm all enthused about trying more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah!! It's my favorite linkup of the week....although I may be a little partial. haha. I love to see what everyone's drinking and, of course, I'm always down for a new drink idea!! Thanks for linking up!!

      Delete
  6. I love Sangria and can't wait to whip up a big pitcher sometime very soon. I also love anything by Emeril:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Perfect timing! I was just dying to make my own sangria the other day. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I looove sangria and can't believe how long it's been since I last made a pitcher! Obviously that needs to be remediated ASAP and now I have a new recipe to try!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This sounds REALLY good, I made one for this week's linkup too! YAY for Sangria, so refreshing!

    ReplyDelete