photo SEPARATOR_zps16bb71c8.jpg  photo SEPARATOR_zps16bb71c8.jpg  photo SEPARATOR_zps16bb71c8.jpg

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

DIY Napkin Wall Art




I came across this idea from The Small Things Blog and thought...how easy!! It literally was the simplest DIY I have done yet.

I have been looking for two pictures to go in the hallway for a while now. I just can't see spending a lot of money on, well.....anything really. So, when I came across this on Pinterest I thought, alright, I can do that. Total price?? $11.00 for TWO!

Here's what you need:
2 frames (I got mine for $4.99 each at Christmas Tree Shops)
2 cloth napkins ($0.49 for two at Christmas Tree Shops)


I ironed the napkins because they had quite a crease in them from the fold. I just didn't want it to show through in the frame. All I did was line up the napkin how I wanted it and put the back on. I did do some things to make it easier, however.


It seemed easier to take the fake family picture that always comes standard in frames and push it behind the napkin. I started off trying to fold the napkin just perfectly so that it was the right size, but then you could see the fold when the back went on. So, I figure if I could push the page behind it it would be the exact size. I guess I could have just cut it, but I'm not wonderful at that and I didn't want to mess it up.

I also use some styrofoam to place behind the parts that didn't have a fold to keep it in place.

Here they are! Sorry about the blurry...my phone is definitely not a great one!!


No comments :

Post a Comment