photo SEPARATOR_zps16bb71c8.jpg  photo SEPARATOR_zps16bb71c8.jpg  photo SEPARATOR_zps16bb71c8.jpg

Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Review: Happy, Calm, and Focused

I was contacted by a seller of this supplement to do an honest review. All opinions are my own.



Happy, Calm, and Focused. Have you heard of it? It's a brain supplement fueled by F&Q amino acids and over 15 pure and effective neuro-nutrients. This product is hypoallergenic and contains no preservatives, no chemicals, no coatings, no calories, no sweeteners, no enhancers, no yeast, no fragrance, no dairy, no gluten, no nuts, and no wheat.

It's purpose is to make you feel the way you are "supposed" to feel, although most of us don't for whatever reason. It helps you enhance focus, increase concentration, sustain feeling happy, feel internally calm, promote healthy sleep cycles, increase attention, improve alertness & memory, curb anxious eating, lose weight, strengthen neural pathways, increase learning abilities, be energized & strong, and support hormone balance.*

The advantage HCF has over other brain supplements is that typical brain supplements rely on high dose '50 ingredients-in-1' glorified multi-vitamins or just herbs to artificially give your brain a lift, while HCF supports feeding your brain's own neurotransmitters with what it is 'suppose to have' - F&Q amino acids. These two powerful key amino acids are found in whole-food proteins like fish, milk, cheese and turkey. F&Q works by supporting the increase of "feel good" neurotransmitter levels responsible for helping you feel happy, calm and focused every single day.


Phenylalanine (F) is an amino acid of tremendous nutritional importance and a known nutritional precursor to the neurotransmitters dopamine, norepinephrine (noradrenaline), epinephrine (adrenaline) and involved in the release of PEA, phenylethylamine which can sensitize endorphin receptors to endorphins. These neurotransmitters strongly support warm feelings of love, pleasure, happiness, alertness, energy, motivation, memory, attention, internal calmness, and sleep to name just a few.*

L-Glutamine (Q) is an amino acid and a major precursor for the neurotransmitter GABA, or gamma amino butyric acid. This crucial amino acid helps the mind relax and "tone down" unwanted "mind chatter" which can sharpen a person's ability to focus and concentrate with more clarity.*

Associated Neuro-Nutrients are what make HCF so highly effective. These absolute, and precise levels of synergistic vitamins, minerals and other nutrients support the F&Q "key" amino-acids to pass through your BBB and finally nutritionally feed your brain.*


So the big question....did it work? 

Well....to be honest, I didn't see a huge change. At least not in the happy and calm categories. I can say that I felt more focused, however. Maybe not to the extent that my ADHD medicines used to give me, but in the sense that I got more done. {don't take last week's blog posts into consideration. haha.} When I did get a chance to sit at work, I used that time to focus on things I needed to get accomplished rather than refreshing my Pinterest feed and reading blog posts. So I think that's a huge plus. And...it didn't give me the side effects that ADHD meds do, like feeling anxious and not being able to sleep. 

I will say, however, that I took the minimum that they requested. I kind of wanted to see what that would do so I could give an honest review of what they suggest. Their recommended dosage is taking 3 capsules a day. They say you can take up to 6 if 3 doesn't seem to be doing the trick. I'm supposed to receive another bottle after this review, so with that bottle I plan on starting with 4 capsules and increasing as I see fit. Then, I plan on doing another quick review so I can give you my updated opinion.



The only problem with the number of capsules you take a day is that the cost is pretty expensive. Each $40 bottle comes with 90 pills, so if I'm the kind of person who needs 6 capsules a day that $40 bottle will only last me half of the month. And when I think about that, I think it's a little outrageous.

If you are a parent, however, who wants to use this for your ADHD child, I think it's worth the extra money. You probably aren't going to be giving them 6 capsules a day, and truthfully, I think it's worth the extra money to be giving them something a lot more natural than the regular prescription ADHD meds. As a teacher, I witness the side effects of prescription meds every day. And not every kid is effected by this, but, as a person who suffers from ADHD myself, I've felt these symptoms and they suck. So taking a natural alternative, one that doesn't make you feel like a different person, is a much better option.

Overall, I guess I feel like you need to make your own opinion about this one. I feel like your individual personalities and possible medical problems could have a big influence on whether or not this product is beneficial for you. I can truly say that I'm happy with the product and the way that it effected my ability to focus. But if you're focus is more for the happy or calm aspect, you might need to try it out in order to develop your own opinions.

*These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

1 comment :

  1. I got a bottle of this stuff too! I feel like it's helped more with the happy than the focus though in my world. Maybe I should up the dosage too!

    ReplyDelete