photo SEPARATOR_zps16bb71c8.jpg  photo SEPARATOR_zps16bb71c8.jpg  photo SEPARATOR_zps16bb71c8.jpg

Friday, August 08, 2014

H54F!!

ONE.
     I checked one thing off my bucket list already!! A new happy hour!! Mike has had some kind of stomach bug this entire week so I found someone else to hang out and we decided to go to the Riverfont in Wilmington to hit up a few happy hours. On the way we changed our mind and headed into Main St. in Newark and hit up the happy hours there. There are a ton of great bars right there and since school hasn't started yet all the college kids were still at home.
     We went to about 4 different happy hours and found some new great places to hit up for the future. One of the places had $3 Pinnacle flavors so I looked up a bunch of different cocktails with flavored vodka and went for it. The bartender created her own concoction and it was delicious!! Pinnacle Strawberry Kiwi, Blue Curaco (or blue cilantro, as she called it....hmmm...bartending long?), sprite, and pineapple juice. It was yummyyy!!


TWO.
     Mike and I sat out on the back patio last night and had a drink. The sunset was absolutely gorgeous. Sunsets like that always make me think of my dad. Not like he was an artist or anything, but he loved nature and passed on that love to me. When I see something that beautiful I can't help but imagine dad had something to do with it. It was gorgeous!!


THREE.
     I'm starting to get some things done around the house. I bought a ton of stuff to make me feel better....until I check my savings account...and I think things are really coming along. Now to just get some landscaping done in the back yard and hang up the pictures I bought and all and it will really start feeling like home. Especially when we can get these kitchen cabinets painted so they aren't so hideous.

FOUR.
     I got to lay out for a few days this week. One thing about working all summer is that I wear a t-shirt to work every day. You can't get sun in a t-shirt. And...usually by the time I get home I'm too exhausted and sweaty to even think about going to lay out. I'm thinking about heading to the pool across the street today. It's free this summer and we haven't taken advantage of it. Plus, when I get hot it's much easier to just take a dip in the pool rather than spray myself with the hose. I really want one of those blow up pools for the back yard. Maybe when they go on sale at the end of the summer.
     One of the days laying out I found this little friend...isn't he adorbs??


FIVE.
     I started a new "sexy time" series this week. Actually I'm almost finished with it. The first one is called Losing It by Cora Carmack. Here's the synopsis from Goodreads:

Sick of being the only virgin among her friends, Bliss Edwards decides the best way to deal with the problem is to lose it as quickly and simply as possible - a one-night stand. But her plan turns out to be anything but simple when she freaks out and leaves a gorgeous guy alone and naked in her bed with an excuse that no one with half-a-brain would ever believe. And as if that weren't embarrassing enough, when she arrives for her first class of her last college semester, she recognizes her new theatre professor. She'd left him naked in her bed about 8 hours earlier.

     Yeah...it was good. I finished the first book in about 5 hours. haha. And don't worry, it's not as intense as 50 Shades. It actually brought me back to those high school feelings when I had my first love and it was the big debate about actually "doing it" or not "doing it". I mean don't get me wrong....I definitely felt a little thunder down under, but...it wasn't anything I felt dirty about reading.



     My next choice, however, I hear is pretty intense. I have been thinking about reading the Maya Banks "Breathless" series, but a friend told me she felt like she had to skip a bunch of parts because she didn't feel right reading it.

Anyone out there read it? And what do you think about it?



 photo H54Fbutton_zps973d26e1.png

1 comment :

  1. That drink sounds delicious!! Your little friend kind of gives me the creeps. Lol. I don't know what it is about them. And both those books? Sign me up! I need to see if my local library has them digitally so I can download them on my e-reader. Thanks for the suggestion. Stopping by from yesterday's linkup :-)

    Meghan @ Lipstick Skulls Blog

    ReplyDelete