photo SEPARATOR_zps16bb71c8.jpg  photo SEPARATOR_zps16bb71c8.jpg  photo SEPARATOR_zps16bb71c8.jpg

Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Book Review: Dark Places

Girls...I have been reaaaddddING!! Not like I don't always read, but it usually takes me a while to read a book. I just find better things to do or am too lazy to get up and grab my Kindle so I just watch tv instead.

But....Since summer school started, I have been making my kids silent read. And, when my kids read, I read. It shows them that I'm not just making them do something just to do it. I do it, too!! And I love it!!!

So last week I got done Tempting Fate. It was super good. And, while I was waiting on my next book to come out and get delivered to my Kindle I decided to read Dark Places by Gillian Flynn in between. It's one that I have been wanting to read and just hadn't gotten around to it.

Here is the Goodreads synopsis:

Libby Day was just seven years old when her evidence put her fifteen-year-old brother behind bars.

Since then, she had been drifting. But when she is contacted by a group who are convinced of Ben's innocence, Libby starts to ask questions she never dared to before. Was the voice she heard her brother's? Ben was a misfit in their small town, but was he capable of murder? Are there secrets to uncover at the family farm or is Libby deluding herself because she wants her brother back?

She begins to realise that everyone in her family had something to hide that day... especially Ben. Now, twenty-four years later, the truth is going to be even harder to find.

Who did massacre the Day family?




OK, so....first off...this book is hella disturbing, but...much like a train wreck, you can't turn away. There's sex, lies, drugs, murder, devil worship.....you name it, it's in here. And, it was AWESOME!! I loved it. I felt kinda dirty reading it when my kids did...kinda like reading 50 Shades of Grey in public only not really S&M stuff, just lots of all that crap I just mentioned... and I hoped they didn't ask me what my book was about, like they usually do, because I would have had to pretty much leave out 95% of it.

I totally recommend it. Actually, I recommend anything that Gillian Flynn writes, but this was something I thought I might have to stop reading. And that's what kept me interested. If that makes any sense.

3 comments :

  1. I loved this book too but agree that it was super disturbing!! You should read her other book Sharp Objects if you haven't already. Disturbing again, but really good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds really good, so I'm going to add it to my ever growing list! ;)

    ReplyDelete