photo SEPARATOR_zps16bb71c8.jpg  photo SEPARATOR_zps16bb71c8.jpg  photo SEPARATOR_zps16bb71c8.jpg

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

I didn't want to...but I did...

     I feel like, lately, things have been very busy and I haven't really gotten to do anything fun for the blog. So...I figured I would post about my latest accomplishment. :)

     As I mentioned many times before, I have started to think about my body a little more and decided to get back in the gym. Contrary to what I originally believed would happen (and many other people too, I'm sure) I actually have stuck with it!! I owe a lot of that to my freakin' awesome workout partner, Taylor, who keeps me motivated to get off the couch. She has had an AMAZING transformation in the past year and I strive to have the same results. Most of this she did from her own home with the Insanity workout videos, but has recently gotten back in the gym with me. I feel so lucky to have someone like that as my BEASTMODE partner.

     As many of you teachers know, these past 2 weeks have been our Maryland State Assessment testing. It has been a dreadful interesting few weeks. :) Our class schedules have changed to allow for each testing class to still get specials (A.K.A. classroom teachers getting planning) and the change is horrendous!! First off, our normal planning time of 8:45-9:30 has been taken away moved to a later date (taken away). Testing starts at 9:15, however, we have to go get the testing materials and students, and before that set up the room. So...picking up what I'm putting down??(taken away) Then, for the next 2-3 hours, I get to sit in a little room and stare at 2 students while they take their test....captivating. When testing is all finished we get lunch (maybe) and start the rest of the day. 11:45 - 3:35. Straight. 5 classes. In a row. No breaks. 3 hours and 50 minutes. 4 days of this. Call you feel my exhaustion??

     I'm telling you this story for a reason. Promise. Keep reading...

     During my hour drive home all I could think about was how badly I wanted to put on my PJ's and sit down with a beer and a book. But, despite that, I got home and changed right into my gym clothes to prepare for our workout at 7:30. After eating dinner and relaxing for a few, Taylor sent me a text that she didn't think she could make it that night. "THANK GOD!!!!" I told her! Best. news. ever. 

...and then I looked down...
...I was already dressed. I had already talked myself into it. Ugh!!...

     So, at 7:30, when I should have been at home in my PJ's with a beer and a book, I headed in to the gym. I know there was no point in doing our weight lifting routine for the day, since we would just do it again tomorrow, so on the elliptical I went. 35 minutes, 473 calories, 3.5 miles, and 4 buckets of sweat later...I rejoiced in my accomplishment!!

     You see, the old me would have taken Taylor's text as a sign. This new me...she took it as an opportunity!! (or something


No comments :

Post a Comment