photo SEPARATOR_zps16bb71c8.jpg  photo SEPARATOR_zps16bb71c8.jpg  photo SEPARATOR_zps16bb71c8.jpg

Thursday, July 23, 2015

#ThurstyThursday: Watermelon Margarita

Happy Thursty Thursday!!

Here we are on Thursday already. I'm sorry this week got away from me again. I haven't been able to do much blogging over this summer but I hope to be better. I know I said that on Monday but I'm sure once my summer program is over and I can get back on track I'll be good.

Until then, you can...almost...always count on my for Thursty Thursday!!

A friend posted a video to my Facebook timeline last week and when I watched it I knew it would be my next Thursty Thursday drink. It looked so delicious and refreshing and with our 90 degree temps lately I couldn't wait to make it and feel it slide down my throat. It didn't disappoint. It was super refreshing and delicious, but not as sweet as I had anticipated. I think next time I would experiment with a little simple syrup rather than just add sugar right to the mixture. Maybe even a little juice of some type or more triple sec.

But either way, if you like watermelon you will love this!



Watermelon Margarita
3.5 cups watermelon, cubed
1/2 cup tequila
3 tbsp. lime juice
2 tbsp. sugar
1 tbsp. triple sec
lime for garnish

Cit a slice of lime and run it around the rim of the glass. Then rim the glass in sugar. In a blender, blend watermelon, tequila, lime juice, sugar, and triple sec. Add ice to sugar rimmed glass. Pour over ice. Cheers!!

 photo DRANKLINKUPPARTY_zps3360fc00.jpg

1. Follow Hopelessly Ever After via GFC or Bloglovin'.
2. Write about your favorite DRANK (alcoholic beverage).
3. Grab a button from below or my sidebar and put it in your post.
4. Come back here and link up!!!
5. Get some new recipes or drink ideas for the weekend and make a new friend!!
6. Send a tweet with #ThurstyThursday and include @leggs532 so I can see it!!

Anyone interested in co-hosting next week email me at: hopelesslyeverafter@gmail.com

 photo DRANKLINKUP_zpsb7023ac3.jpg


Hopelessly Ever After

Linking up for these parties!!

4 comments :

  1. Watermelon and tequila - my two favorite things!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds amazing! It reminds me of the margaritas from one of my favorite Tex-Mex restaurants around here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. TGIF and it's almost 5 o'clock, so I'm ready for a drink :) Thanks for linking up with us at Thursday Favorite Things!

    ReplyDelete